GODISNOWHERE!

Inspirating Discouragments + Happy Agony + Insane Sanity + Healthy Detoriation + Mental Flu + Insomia Dosage + Brain Cells Evaporating + Egoistic Degrading + Crtic of Critcs = SELF DESTRUCT. *I Am A Little Bit Of Everything All Rolled Into One*

Monday, October 30, 2006

华语! Cool! 2006


This Year's Speak Mandarin Campaign is held at VivoCity's Golden Village. It is also the pre-launch of Eric Khoo & Royston Tan's movie called "Yearning". I got to attend this event, thanks to Funkie Monkies, heh, coz HYR wrote a tune for the movie. The movie is to promote this 华语! Cool! 2006 Campaign, and the theme is about Ge Tai Singers The song HYR wrote is pretty interesting, the lyrics is in Tang Dynasty Poems in a Hokkien tune! Haha.. Creative or what! haha..

This Speak Mandarin Campaign (SMC) is actually as old as me. Launch by Mr LKY in 1979 to encourage Singapore Chinese nationals to speak Mandarin instead of dialects.

Today's event was a good one, I got lotsa freebies in a goodie bag! (haha.. sounds like a typical "Singie") I got to see Royston Tan and Eric Khoo! WHoo! Danny Yeo was the compere for the event. Xiaohan, Elaine Ng & Jiahui represented Funkie Monkies Productions to recieve an appreciation award. This year they even roped in KBox to participate. I guess, it is good to promote Mandarin through Music and Movies. Well, it works for me! Xiaohan and HYR and Funkie Monkies Productions inspired me to speak better Mandarin and improve on my Chinese.

I uploaded some pictures on Flickr, can check them out at the side of this blog AND you can also check out the lousy video (Sorry lah!) I took at home of my boss Xiaohan on TV at this link below!

Watch Xiaohan on news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home